After migrating your Exchange Public Folders from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 / 2010 chances are you will start experiencing some problems.
These issues might show up under different symptoms however they all have one common solution.
It could be that you can use your public folders normally however sending emails to mail-enabled public folders fails with
#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##
Or that public folder replication is not working between your Exchange servers and the following Event Log is registered on your Exchange HUB server
Log Name: Application
Source: MSExchange Store Driver
Date: 3/24/2010 10:03:27 AM
Event ID: 1020
Task Category: MSExchangeStoreDriver
The store driver couldn’t deliver the public folder replication message “Folder Content ([email protected])” because the following error occurred: The Active Directory user wasn’t found..
Note that the above two errors specify that the HUB server is not able to resolve the public folder’s email address as a valid recipient.
I have only seen this error when public folder have been migrated from Exchange 2003 and that there are no longer any Exchange 2003 servers in the administrative group that was originally holding the Public Folder Hierarchy.
If the above applies to you then you can solve your problem by
- Run ADSIedit.msc
- Connect to the configuration partition
- Browse to CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Organization Name,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local
Of course replace domain,local,Organization Name and First Administrative Group by the appropriate settings of your organization.
- Make sure the Servers container specified above is EMPTY
- Delete it the Servers container
- Wait for Active Directory replication to occur
- Restart the Microsoft Exchange Active Directory Topology Service and the Microsoft Exchange Information Store
Voila this should solve your issue