[Copied from Microsoft Lync website]
An interesting poster that shows each workload in Microsoft Lync Server 2010 communications software, describing relationships, dependencies, flow of information, and certificate requirements."
available for download here:
For those who missed Microsoft Lync 2010 virtual launch Event, don't worry you can still check it here
The Lync 2010 RTM bits are now available as part of the MSDN and Technet downloads ( a subscription is required)
the Documentation has also been made publically available here
I have faced the following error at a client when trying to setup a Forefront TMG 2010 array in a work group environment, however this error is not related to TMG itself so you might encounter it in any setup when your server is using Certificates for server authentication.
When building my Forefront TMG 2010 Array the server designated as configuration storage started logging in the the event log the below error every other minute, I did try to issue another certificate for it and even uninstalled and installed TMG again but nothing did the trick.
A fatal error occurred when attempting to access the SSL server credential private key. The error code returned from the cryptographic module is 0x8009030d. The internal error state is 10001.
The solution to my problem was granting the Network Service Read permission on the certificate and this is how I did it
For some reason recently I started to get the below error while loading my outlook profile. Even though nothing was changed with my laptop configuration.
After digging the problem I have noticed that this behavior is not the same every time I open my outlook profile but It was whenever I am trying to open outlook after having the "Lync client (RC)" running, so what I had to do is that exit the Lync client and end its process if it was running then open outlook 2010. this worked for me.
I have also noticed precisely that this issue is occurring if you close outlook client before system hibernation.
Technically Lync client uses Outlook to sync contacts and as part as of the Office-Lync Integration , so apparently the Lync client is locking the OST file while it is running.
Ever since Exchange 5.5 I have been longing for an easy way to import/export mailboxes to and from PST. I have to admit that Exmerge was a pretty decent tool back then, however, although it did work, I was very disappointed by the requirements of import-mailbox export-mailbox on Exchange 2007, and I prefer to forget the frustration of using these commands with Exchange 2010 RTM.
I can happily say that all my problems are now quickly forgotten after the release of Exchange 2010 SP1 and the new commands New-MailboxImportRequest and New-MailboxExportRequest.
Prerequisites and permissions considerations
I am happy to say that installing Outlook on the server is no longer a requirement to export/import mailboxes and this, for me, was great news!
If you rush things and directly try to run New-MailboxImportRequest cmdlet it will fail with the following error, this is because, by default, no one is assigned the permission to Import and Export mailboxes.
“The term 'New-MailboxImportRequest' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet”