For some reason recently I started to get the below error while loading my outlook profile. Even though nothing was changed with my laptop configuration.
After digging the problem I have noticed that this behavior is not the same every time I open my outlook profile but It was whenever I am trying to open outlook after having the “Lync client (RC)” running, so what I had to do is that exit the Lync client and end its process if it was running then open outlook 2010. this worked for me.
I have also noticed precisely that this issue is occurring if you close outlook client before system hibernation.
Technically Lync client uses Outlook to sync contacts and as part as of the Office-Lync Integration , so apparently the Lync client is locking the OST file while it is running.