For those who were waiting for this to happen ( me among them )
The Lync Server product team has completed testing of Lync Server 2010 and SQL Server 2008 R2. The product now fully supports SQL Server 2008 R2 on all Lync Server monitoring, archiving, and front-end server databases. At this time, SQL Server 2008 R2 is not supported for group chat databases.
Lync Web Scheduler is a resource kit tool for Microsoft® Lync Server 2010. It provides a Web-based alternative to the add-in for the Microsoft Office Outlook® messaging and collaboration client for the purpose of scheduling a meeting using Lync Server 2010. It also provides a browser-based conference management experience that includes operations such as the following:
· Scheduling a new online Lync meeting.
· Listing all existing Lync Server 2010 meetings that the user has organized.
· Viewing and modifying details of an existing meeting.
· Deleting an existing meeting.
· Sending an email invitation to meeting participants by using a configured SMTP mail server.
· Joining an existing conference.
Compared to the Conferencing Add-In for Microsoft Outlook, Lync Web Scheduler has the following limitations:
· Lync Web Scheduler does not support scheduling recurring meetings.
· Lync Web Scheduler lists only meetings that were organized by the user
. It does not list all meetings that the user is invited to. Further, meetings created using some other tool will not be editable using Lync Web Scheduler.
· Lync Web Scheduler is available only in English.
· Meeting invitations that are generated by Lync Web Scheduler do not look exactly the same as those that are generated by the Conferencing Add-In for Outlook.
Lync Web Scheduler doesn’t interact with the calendaring server. Calendar updates happen only via email invitations download it with the read me file here
It is really a good news for us system integrators, now we don’t need to apply any workaround in order to support Lync or OCS 2007 R2 on blackberry BES, no more CWA R1 in kept for this purpose good news isn’t ?
Blackberry Enterprise Server 5.0 SP3 now supports additional instant messaging servers like Microsoft Office communications Server 2007 R2 and Microsoft Lync Server 2010
This is cumulative update n2 for Lync server 2010 clients and servers, be aware that some links are still in the process of being updated
- Lync 2010 Group Chat Server – KB2500447 - download
- Lync 2010 Group Chat Admin – KB2500445 - download
- Lync 2010 (Communicator) – KB2496325 – download (x86 / x64)
- Lync 2010 Phone Edition (Tanjay) – KB2529974 - download
- Lync 2010 Phone Edition (Aries-Aastra) – KB2529978 - download
- Lync 2010 Phone Edition (Aries-Polycom) – KB2529977 - download
- Lync 2010 Attendee (Admin Install) – KB2500438 - download
- Lync 2010 Attendee (User mode install) – KB2500440 - download
- Lync 2010 Attendant – KB2496326 - download (x86 & x64 combined)
- Lync 2010 Group Chat Client – KB2500446 - download