Lync Web Scheduler is a resource kit tool for Microsoft® Lync Server 2010. It provides a Web-based alternative to the add-in for the Microsoft Office Outlook® messaging and collaboration client for the purpose of scheduling a meeting using Lync Server 2010. It also provides a browser-based conference management experience that includes operations such as the following:
· Scheduling a new online Lync meeting.
· Listing all existing Lync Server 2010 meetings that the user has organized.
· Viewing and modifying details of an existing meeting.
· Deleting an existing meeting.
· Sending an email invitation to meeting participants by using a configured SMTP mail server.
· Joining an existing conference.
Compared to the Conferencing Add-In for Microsoft Outlook, Lync Web Scheduler has the following limitations:
· Lync Web Scheduler does not support scheduling recurring meetings.
· Lync Web Scheduler lists only meetings that were organized by the user
. It does not list all meetings that the user is invited to. Further, meetings created using some other tool will not be editable using Lync Web Scheduler.
· Lync Web Scheduler is available only in English.
· Meeting invitations that are generated by Lync Web Scheduler do not look exactly the same as those that are generated by the Conferencing Add-In for Outlook.
Lync Web Scheduler doesn’t interact with the calendaring server. Calendar updates happen only via email invitations download it with the read me file here