New updates for two mobile clients has been released by Microsoft Support team, these updates covers Mobile client for IPhone and iPad.
This cumulative update improves the reliability, stability and performance, of Lync 2010 for iPhone and IPad, in addition to fixes described in the following knowledge based articles (KB):
- IPhone platform
- Lync 2010 for iPhone 2800384, 2721062 and 2673223
- Update description http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2804674
Microsoft Lync 2010 for IPhone, version 4.7 download link https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-lync-2010-for-iphone/id484293461?mt=8
- IPad platform
- Lync 2010 for iPad 800385, 2709412, and 2673225
- Update description http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2804673
- Microsoft Lync 2010 for iPad, version 4.7 download link https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-lync-2010-for-ipad/id484222449?mt=8
Microsoft Support has released an update package for Lync 2010 Attendee
This update improves the reliability, stability, and performance of Lync 2010 attendee, and also includes fixes for issues listed in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article:
- 2752157 Description of the cumulative update for the Lync 2010 Attendee - User level installation: October 2012
- 2752160 Description of the cumulative update for the Lync 2010 Attendee - Administrator level installation: October 2012
Microsoft Support Has released an update for Lync 2010 Client that include a fix for the following issued described in the following Microsoft knowledge Base (KB) article:
2832123 You cannot start Lync 2010 after you install the March 2013 cumulative update for Lync 2010 in Windows XP Pro or Windows Server 2003
Full package description and download links are available at the Microsoft website on the following link
CU6 updates are available now for below products
|Lync 2010 Client|
|Lync Server 2010||4.0.7577.199||2493736||Download|
|Lync 2010 Group Chat Client||4.0.7577.4102||2701665||Download|
|Lync 2010 Group Chat Admin||4.0.7577.4102||2707265||Download|
|Lync Phone Edition|
|Lync 2010 Phone Edition(Polycom CX700 and LG-Nortel IP Phone 8540)||4.0.7577.4100||2724545||Download|
|Lync 2010 Phone Edition[PolycomCX500, CX600 and CX3000]||4.0.7577.4100||2701671||Download|
|Lync 2010 Phone Edition(Aastra 6721ip and 6725ip)||4.0.7577.4100||2701667||Download|
|Lync 2010 Phone Edition(HP 4110 and 4120||4.0.7577.4100||2701670||Download|
a special thanks to Tom Arbuthnot for the nice listing
Microsoft has released the Cumulative Update package Number 4 for Lync 2010, this update introduce in addition to multiple host fixes to some reported issues, six new cmd-lets, actually they are Four since two of them was included in CU3 but without any help files.
these Cmd-lets works with the upcoming Lync mobility services, which we don’t have the full details released yet.
here’s a brief description about the new cmd-lets thanks to Tom Arbuthnot
- CsAutodiscoverConfiguration Modifies an existing collection of Autodiscover configuration settings. The Autodiscover service provides a way for client applications such as Lync Web Access or Microsoft Lync Mobile to locate key resources such as a user’s home pool or the URL for joining a dial-in conference.
- New-CsWebLink Creates a new web link that points to the Autodiscover service. The Autodiscover service provides a way for client applications such as Lync Web Access or Microsoft Lync Mobile to locate key resources such as a user’s home pool or the URL for joining a dial-in conference.
- Test-CsMcxPushNotification Verifies that the push notification service is working. The push notification service (Apple Push Notification Service and Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Push Notification Service) provides a way to send notifications about event s such as new instant messages or new voice mail to mobile devices like iPhones and Windows Phones, even if the Microsoft Lync 2010 application on those devices is currently suspended or running in the background.
- CsMobilityPolicy Modifies an existing mobility policy. Mobility policies determine whether o r not a user can use Microsoft Lync 2010 Mobile. These policies also manage a user’s ability to employ Call via Work, a feature that enables users to make and receive phone calls on their mobile phone by using their work phone number instead of their mobile phone number.
- CsMcxConfiguration Modifies an existing collection of Microsoft Lync Server 2010 Mobility Service configuration settings. The Mobility Service enables users of mobile phones such as iPhones and Windows Phones to do such things as exchange instant messages and presence information; store and retrieve voice mail internally instead of with their wireless provider; and take advantage of Microsoft Lync Server 2010 capabilities such as Call via Work and dial-out conferencing.
- CsPushNotificationConfiguration Modifies an existing collection of push notification configuration settings . The push notification service (Apple Push Notification Service and Micros oft Lync Server 2010 Push Notification Service) provides a way to send notifications about events such as new instant messages or new voice mail to mobile devices such as iPhones and Windows Phones, even if the Microsoft Lync 2010 application on those devices is currently suspended or running in the background.
This is cumulative update n2 for Lync server 2010 clients and servers, be aware that some links are still in the process of being updated
- Lync 2010 Group Chat Server – KB2500447 - download
- Lync 2010 Group Chat Admin – KB2500445 - download
- Lync 2010 (Communicator) – KB2496325 – download (x86 / x64)
- Lync 2010 Phone Edition (Tanjay) – KB2529974 - download
- Lync 2010 Phone Edition (Aries-Aastra) – KB2529978 - download
- Lync 2010 Phone Edition (Aries-Polycom) – KB2529977 - download
- Lync 2010 Attendee (Admin Install) – KB2500438 - download
- Lync 2010 Attendee (User mode install) – KB2500440 - download
- Lync 2010 Attendant – KB2496326 - download (x86 & x64 combined)
- Lync 2010 Group Chat Client – KB2500446 - download